Kate passed away from Leukemia at a young age of 25 years. The Bay Head 5K Memory Run was founded by loving friends and family of Kate Shea in order to give back to the community she called home most summers of her short but fulfilling life. Kate was an inspiration to us all in the way she lived her life in an accepting and open-minded way. The proceeds from the Bay Head 5K will go to the Kate Shea Foundation.
…fighting Leukemia one step at a time
The mission of the Kate Shea Foundation is:
1. To provide funds in Kate’s memory to select Leukemia research organizations that help individuals affected by this disease.
2. To provide financial assistance to further the cultural and academic education of youths as they strive to understand and accept global diversity as a reality.
The run features a pre-race gathering with morning refreshments and a post race gathering.
The Memory Run is organized by The Kate Shea Foundation with support from the town of Bay Head and local businesses.
A local marketing drive will begin in early April with posters, mailings, and race forms distributed throughout the entire Jersey Shore community.
Run is certified and sanctioned by the USA Track & Field Association as a Grand Prix Event !
Ability to encourage interaction between employees and provide access to a team building event that most all can participate in while creating awareness & brand association with a community cause.
- An integrated presence for Everlast with on site signage and featured at hospitality events
- Upscale local demo more likely to own businesses and use products
- Everlast will be included in all media coverage and marketing